A question about a recipe: Grown-Up Birthday Cake

361a48e7 a614 4547 a065 3785413e224a  2018 0404 grownup birthday cake 3x2 bobbi lin 10257

How prominent is the wine flavor in this cake and what do you suggest in terms if wine selection?

asked by ATG117 over 6 years ago

A white wine that you would also drink. Always use wine that has the flavor that you would serve to guests. The joy of cooking with good wine is that it enrichens flavor, the alcohol burns off.

ATG117

I guess I'm wondering less about quality (got that part) and more about the flavor that comes through. I've never used wine in a cake and trying to decide whether, for this particular party, this is what I'm looking for in flavor profile.