🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Grown-Up Birthday Cake

49cd4512 1b79 4bca ad90 db76a0302b35  grown up birthday cake

How prominent is the wine flavor in this cake and what do you suggest in terms if wine selection?

asked by ATG117 about 6 years ago

8a5161fb 3215 4036 ad80 9f60a53189da  buddhacat

A white wine that you would also drink. Always use wine that has the flavor that you would serve to guests. The joy of cooking with good wine is that it enrichens flavor, the alcohol burns off.

I guess I'm wondering less about quality (got that part) and more about the flavor that comes through. I've never used wine in a cake and trying to decide whether, for this particular party, this is what I'm looking for in flavor profile.