Leftover tomato seeds/inerds

I hate wasting anything. Can you do anything useful with the seeds you scoop out of tomatoes? :)

asked by Something's cooking about 7 years ago

One idea would be to strain them and drink the delicious "tomato water" that's left -- as is or in a Bloody Mary.

Helen's All Night Diner

You can add to soups, stews, etc. Either strain before or after...

Summer of Eggplant

I save them in the freezer along with carrot scrapings, onion butts, mushroom stems, limp celery, etc. and make vegetable stock when I have accumulated enough scraps.

Recently I have been reading that what gets scooped out of tomatoes really has the best, most tomato-ey taste. If you have to take it out, use it!