I like sautéing it to caramelize the edges. It's also great chopped and added to soups.

inpatskitchen
inpatskitchen

Pat is a trusted home cook.

I like to saute bok choy in olive oil, garlic and crushed red pepper flakes with a squeeze of lemon.

student epicure

this is a wonderful dish from martin yan:
http://www.20minutesupperclub.com/recipe/shanghai-noodles-with-pork-bok-choy/

i usually triple the bok choy!

skittle

I think it's wonderful grilled. Very simply...olive oil, salt and pepper...then finished with a squeeze of lemon juice and some zest. Mmmmmmm

Nate Tate & Mary Kate Tate

I love bok choy. It's crunchy, sweet and slightly bitter at the same time, and very tasty. I like to eat it thinly sliced on top of soups. The hot liquid in the soup will cook the shredded leaves immediately.

Bok choy is also great stir fried with a little chicken stock: Heat up 2 tablespoons of oil in a wok over high heat. Add a couple minced garlic cloves and stir for about 10 seconds so that the oil is flavored. Toss in about 1 1/2 pounds of bok choy (sliced lengthwise) and stir-fry for 30 seconds so that all the leaves are coated with the oil. Pour in a mixture of 1/4 cup chicken stock, 1 teaspoon of cornstarch, and 1/2 teaspoon of sugar (this gives it a savory taste much like msg would) and then lower the heat to a simmer. Cover the wok with a lid or baking tray and cook for 2 more minutes or until the bok choy is tender and bright jade green. Season to taste with salt before serving.

jwlucas

Don't braise. We use it is simple stir fries all the time but wanted to try something different. The flavor was good but the texture was awful.

Using it in Oktoberfest recipe with grilled bratwurst.
Grill bratwurst..or braise them in beer to a bit crispy. Saute onions and sliced peppers, Add the bok choy and some sauerkraut and some caraway seeds, a touch of fennel seeds..and steam it down. (cubed green apples would be optional for the mix).
Serve with some soft pretzels and mustard and beer.

Jennifer Robinson

Hi Sam1148. This sounds delicious. Will try tonight and let you know what I think. I couldn't come up with anything to do with bratwurst and bok choy, so thank you for this wonderful sounding suggestion.