🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Warm Orzo Salad with Beets & Greens

9cc5e02f 80f2 4501 943f ea4caccacf9b  120710f 331

I have a question about the recipe "Warm Orzo Salad with Beets & Greens" from the parsley thief.

Should the water be boiling before putting the beets in the water?

asked by moka about 6 years ago

8a5161fb 3215 4036 ad80 9f60a53189da  buddhacat

I have not made this recipe and when I cook beets I put them in cold water - skins on and bring water to a boil, pit in seasonings, then turn down to medium and cook until tender. Time depends on the size of the beets.

i generally tend to put them in already-boiling water, and from reading the recipe, that's what i would infer. SKK, i'll have to try your method, though, because i never have. in this particular case, it sounds like you could go either way -- as long as your beets get cooked