Wildcards?

Since I'm a newcomer, can somebody explain a little bit more about the Wildcard contests? Thanks!

Rachael is a trusted home cook.

asked about 7 years ago

Wildcard isn't a contest. The Food52 staff continually scours the recipes we post. When they like something, they make it, and if they think it's really great, they give it a Wildcard award, and it gets included in the cookbook (or whatever they have up their sleeve now that the 2nd cookbook is almost done). So keep posting recipes you create--even if they're not part of a contest--you never know!

Niknud
Niknud

Rachael is a trusted home cook.

Thanks drbabs - appreciate the explanation!

After a good while on food52, I recently found that there is a section for FAQ -- link on lower right of the page. Many questions that I slowly found answers to are solved there.