mold

can i salvage a large pot of chili with a little bit of mold on top

  • 252 views
  • 3 Comments

3 Comments

Review our Code of Conduct
Don't send me emails about new comments
marianne
marianne January 11, 2019

I’m no food scientist but I’d say absolutely NOT! I’d not even consider it. It’s simply not worth the risk. Just because you can see mold only on the top does not in any way guarantee the inner parts are safe.

Review our Code of Conduct
Don't send me emails about new comments
Laurie Volkman
Laurie Volkman January 11, 2019

Definitely not. You never want to eat food that's gone moldy unless it's something like hard cheese where you can cut off the moldy bit. In soft foods or stuff with a lot of liquid like chili once it's grown mold on top, there's no salvaging it because the mold grows everywhere, even if you can't really see it.

Review our Code of Conduct
Don't send me emails about new comments
boulangere
boulangere January 11, 2019

The short answer: No. The long answer: Absolutely not. The first rule of the kitchen is: Kill no one.

Review our Code of Conduct
Don't send me emails about new comments
Showing 3 out of 3 Comments Back to top
Recommended by Food52