🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Chicken with Sumac (Musakhan)

F918a2a1 ac9b 4f6d b0cb 7e7790aadbf5  img 0654

Is the pita necessary? I have all the ingredients at home except that and was thinking of just making the meat and having it with a little rice

asked by clintonhillbilly about 6 years ago

I don't see why not - I think the pita would have been good for some texture (crispy together with the soft meat texture), but I can't see why you can't make the chicken without :)

The pita is not absolutely necessary, though the pita on the bottom does become an incredibly delicious, stuffing-like mixture that I personally think is essential. However, if omitting pita be sure to cover the chicken while baking so it won't dry out and/or burn. Hope you enjoy!