🔕 🔔

Can you freeze lunchmeat?

My mom bought 2 lbs of imported ham - lunch meat. In the past I have made ham and cheese stromboli or chicken cordon bleu when she buys a lot. I wanted to know if I can make these in advance and freeze them even though it's lunch meat.

asked by Reen about 6 years ago

8a5161fb 3215 4036 ad80 9f60a53189da  buddhacat

When you say lunch meat, I am assuming you are saying processed ham. Yes you can freeze lunch meat. It doesn't taste as good frozen - maybe because there is so much water in lunch meat and it can be frozen.

9b94e94b 0205 4f2c bb79 1845dcd6f7d6  uruguay2010 61

Every time I visit mum in NH, she requests I buy large quantities of Applegate (her favourite) sliced deli meats for her, which she can not fine in her local stores. She freezes it a takes out a bit at a time for sandwiches. It seems to freeze just fine. . . fresh is better, but freezing works.

Thanks, I hate to see anything go to waste.