🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Grown-Up Birthday Cake

49cd4512 1b79 4bca ad90 db76a0302b35  grown up birthday cake

I'm looking for a good chocolate buttercream recipe for using on vanilla cupcakes and was going to try this one. How much frosting does it make? I need to frost 36 cupcakes.

asked by gina_berthold about 6 years ago

2f4926e2 248b 4c22 a6f7 8f2d888b8488  3 bizcard

This is not my recipe so I can't speak for the author but it seems that it provides a thin layer of frosting on a 9 inch two layer cake. If you want a thin layer of frosting on 36 cupcakes I would double the recipe. This looks like a delicious frosting recipe.

Fbc31129 dd77 4f50 92da 5ddc4a29c892  summer 2010 1048

sdebrango is right; doubling it is probably best. Make sure your butter is at room temp and beat it well.