A question about a recipe: Grown-Up Birthday Cake

361a48e7 a614 4547 a065 3785413e224a  2018 0404 grownup birthday cake 3x2 bobbi lin 10257

I'm looking for a good chocolate buttercream recipe for using on vanilla cupcakes and was going to try this one. How much frosting does it make? I need to frost 36 cupcakes.

asked by gina_berthold about 7 years ago

This is not my recipe so I can't speak for the author but it seems that it provides a thin layer of frosting on a 9 inch two layer cake. If you want a thin layer of frosting on 36 cupcakes I would double the recipe. This looks like a delicious frosting recipe.

Midge

sdebrango is right; doubling it is probably best. Make sure your butter is at room temp and beat it well.