Uses for nectarines besides cake, tart, or pie.

I got a bag filled with nectarines at the Farmer's Market yesterday for a total of $5! Now I need to figure out uses for this delicious windfall! Any ideas besides cake, tarts or pies??

asked by TheWimpyVegetarian about 7 years ago

Katie Fogarty

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/pork_chops_with_peach_barbecue_sauce.html
I made it with nectarines and it was great!

sayatexplores

Grilled nectarine salsa: Red onions, diced grilled nectarines, fresh diced tomatoes, green peppers for crunch, lemon juice for punch, cilantro for surprise (green onions would go well too)

usingSpoons

Jam! Use a recipe for peach jam and preserve the goodness for winter. Or try this Smitten kitchen recipe for peach butter: http://smittenkitchen.com...

usingSpoons

Nectarines dehydrate beautifully! Also are wonderful in salads - spinach with almonds and a little ginger. Great sliced over oatmeal. Sayad's idea of grilling nectarines and onions and adding them to a salad. I love nectarines - no peeling and no fuzz.

And you have your $5 dollar meal!

Sangria, just like peaches.

TheWimpyVegetarian

Thanks for all the lovely ideas. I think I need more nectarines now to try all them out! Thank you thank you thank you!!

Sorry to be late to the party, just home from catering a beautiful wedding. Maybe grilled with a scoop of your favorite ice cream. Lucky you!