How bad is lamb fat?

How bad for your health is eating lamb fat? Are there any benefits to eating it?

a Whole Foods Market Customer

Truthfully, animal fat is animal fat. some taste better than others. with that said, there is little to no health benefits to eating it. Enjoy as much as you like, but remember a moment on the lips...

Sam1148 September 9, 2011
http://whfoods.org/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=117

It's better than hydrogenated vegi fat. Like a hydrogenated peanut butter, or "crisco" or other veggie fats processed into saturated fats.

It's not a matter of the animal vs veggie source. It's a matter of processing. Saturation of the fat---either veggie fat or animal fat, and processing is the key there.

inpatskitchen
inpatskitchen September 9, 2011

But never forget...fat is flavor!

boulangere September 10, 2011

I'm with IPK. Fat is absolutely flavor! If you're not getting your fat calories from places you shouldn't be getting them, you can have those lovely chops with their tender fat.

healthierkitchen
healthierkitchen September 12, 2011

Fat does provide flavor, but I find that with lamb, due to the strong flavor, a little goes a long way.