Is it unhealthy to drink urine?

asked by a Whole Foods Market Customer about 7 years ago

susan g, you are SO much more tactful than I am.

mensaque

FIRST OF ALL : WHY???
SECOND OF ALL : WHOSE?YOURS OR SOMEONE ELSE'S???
THIRD OF ALL : WHY DON'T YOU TRY IT AND THEN LET US KNOW???
Kidding appart:
a) Urine is a sterile solution;
b) I just wanted to let you know this to ease your mind if you already did it...It DOES NOT mean I would encourage drinking it...
c) Please don't!And if you did,and you have any reason to suspect that the person providing the "beverage" might be sick,go see a doctor.
Now I'm just curious:is it for a recipe or a boudoir fetish?

bugbitten

Try the NASA website.

Well, I'm going to give in to my initial response: hell yes. Why on earth are you asking this on food52?

Is there just a chance that this is urine-soaked spam?

pauljoseph

Our former prime minister Morarji Desai do this and he died at the age of 101 http://www.medindia.net/news/After-Morarji-Desai-Doctors-in-Varanasi-Prescribe-The-Yellow-Elixir-Urine-45387-1.htm

Panfusine

Pauljoseph got to what I wanted to say first.. yep, this crazy dude used to practice urine therapy, but please, this is a normal foods related site...

Well if you are pinned under a boulder and have to cut off your own arm to survive you might want to try it, but otherwise no.

wssmom

It worked for Patches O'Houlihan ...