What's the best dish to drink red wine with?

asked by @amandahesser about 8 years ago

Allie C

i'd say something hearty & stew-y, especially as we approach the winter months. maybe osso bucco? or a lamb stew?

Bevi

I love a good beef stew or beef burgundy a la Jacques Pepin.

AEC
AEC

Other than oatmeal, what ISN'T?

dymnyno

I like AEC's answer. But seriously, it depends on the red wine. Is it dry, sweet, fruity, high alcohol? With a nice Bordeaux style wine I like to braise meat like shortribs or beef cheeks in the same wine that I will be drinking. I like to drink a Rhone varietal with lamb , like Syrah. The spices and herbs that you cook the meat with will also make a big difference.

JulieBoulangerie

Steak frites. But really, anything.

Bonviva

Amanda Hesser's daube de bouef, adapted from Julia Child. See Amanda's book called 'Cooking for Mr. Latte' for the recipe.