Presale! 2 new cookbooks from Food52. Claim your signed copies »
🔕 🔔

Pulled Turkey

I've been given a wonderful pulled Turkey breast recipe that calls for butter, chicken broth, garlic/onion powder and then Mrs. Dash garlic and herb seasoning which I find rather bitter. What sort of seasoning could I use instead of Mrs Dash ? Many thanks as always....

asked by Simetra over 5 years ago

by the way -there is no need for it to be low salt.. Thanks !

0dcfb05c 8a90 480f 8cf7 cbc33e9a6b5c  me

If you want to keep in the spirit of the Mrs Dash seasoning, you might try a blend of equal parts dried basil, marjoram, parsley, summer savory, thyme and sage, and add a couple of pinches cayenne pepper and some grated lemon zest and add salt to your taste. If not, then any quality all-purpose seasoning blend should work!

Join Our Email List!

Inbox Inspiration:

Our newsletter is brimming with recipes and features that have us talking—dive in!

A Joyful Home:

Sign up to get $10 off a first purchase of $50 or more in our shop full of tools & treasures.

Come On In:

Join our humming community and get dibs on events, peeks at new cookbooks, and a surprise or two.