🔕 🔔

I have four beautiful Meyer lemons. I rarely ever find them, so this is a special ingredient for me. What should I do with them?

asked by Hilarybee almost 7 years ago

2b00435b fe24 44bb afe2 ad3364f28f79  1390710 10151917400148928 1193325941 n 1

Risotto, Marmalade, Thomas Keller has a cured Meyer Lemon treatment that can be used a number of ways. Really any way that you can showcase the flavors of Meyer Lemon would be great. Personally, a roast chicken with a compound butter of Meyer lemon zest, salt and pepper tucked under the skin and a couple lemons themselves stuffed into the cavity would be my pick. You could also use Meyer lemon in the accompaniments like a Rice Pilaf or aforementioned Risotto. Just my two cents.

D1964e69 bde7 422d 9621 9d8c1f7bc3cf  newliztoqueicon 2

Try mrslarkin's wonderful winner, "lemon posset" a simple but spectacular dessert. I have a Meyer lemon tree and this is one of my favorite Meyer lemon recipes!

8192e688 c0cf 4fed 885a a8f9a1b1339c  meyer lemon tree0001

Fff96a46 7810 4f5c a452 83604ac1e363  dsc03010

This is Merrill's recipe, and I like (love) it just as well with Meyer lemons as I do with limes.

Lemon curd. Lemon curd. Lemon curd. Fine Cooking has a great recipe. It is hard for me not to eat it all right out of the jar on a spoon or my finger. I can try and access it if you can't find it. I just can't get to it from here.

I would definitely make this pie for a memorable use of your meyer lemons. It only calls for 1/2 cup of lemon juice so you will also be able to make other recipes. www.epicurious.com/recipes...

E7b6597b db6e 4cae b9f3 699b508f4ed3  036

I make this with Meyer Lemon ... the nice thing is you get to eat the lemons. Also Lazy Mary's Lemon Tart on this site!

A simple dish would be to take a roasting (or frying chicken), grab a couple of those lemons and puncture them with a fork. Stuff them in the cavity. Add fresh sage or tarragon under the skin. Truss it up just a bit to keep the cavity closed. Rub the skin with olive oil and sea salt and roast. Meyer's go really with almost anything chicken.

This lemon chicken recipe is fantastic. It is best made a day ahead and is good hot or warm, making it a good choice for a picnic.
www.seriouseats.com/recipes...