I have four beautiful Meyer lemons. I rarely ever find them, so this is a special ingredient for me. What should I do with them?

Mr_Vittles
Mr_Vittles October 23, 2010

Risotto, Marmalade, Thomas Keller has a cured Meyer Lemon treatment that can be used a number of ways. Really any way that you can showcase the flavors of Meyer Lemon would be great. Personally, a roast chicken with a compound butter of Meyer lemon zest, salt and pepper tucked under the skin and a couple lemons themselves stuffed into the cavity would be my pick. You could also use Meyer lemon in the accompaniments like a Rice Pilaf or aforementioned Risotto. Just my two cents.

Lizthechef
Lizthechef October 23, 2010

Try mrslarkin's wonderful winner, "lemon posset" a simple but spectacular dessert. I have a Meyer lemon tree and this is one of my favorite Meyer lemon recipes!

betteirene
betteirene October 23, 2010

This is Merrill's recipe, and I like (love) it just as well with Meyer lemons as I do with limes.

bella s.f.
bella s.f. October 23, 2010

Lemon curd. Lemon curd. Lemon curd. Fine Cooking has a great recipe. It is hard for me not to eat it all right out of the jar on a spoon or my finger. I can try and access it if you can't find it. I just can't get to it from here.

StacyG
StacyG October 24, 2010

I would definitely make this pie for a memorable use of your meyer lemons. It only calls for 1/2 cup of lemon juice so you will also be able to make other recipes. www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Lemon-Ice-Box-Pie-109558

aargersi October 24, 2010

I make this with Meyer Lemon ... the nice thing is you get to eat the lemons. Also Lazy Mary's Lemon Tart on this site!

pierino October 24, 2010

A simple dish would be to take a roasting (or frying chicken), grab a couple of those lemons and puncture them with a fork. Stuff them in the cavity. Add fresh sage or tarragon under the skin. Truss it up just a bit to keep the cavity closed. Rub the skin with olive oil and sea salt and roast. Meyer's go really with almost anything chicken.

StacyG
StacyG October 25, 2010

This lemon chicken recipe is fantastic. It is best made a day ahead and is good hot or warm, making it a good choice for a picnic.
www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2007/05/cook-the-book-lemon-chicken.html