Meyer Lemons

What are your favorite Meyer Lemon Recipes? I am already looking at Lemon Curd, Limoncello, Preserved Lemons, Kiwi Lemon Jam, and Cherry Meyer Lemon Preserves, but I want to make sure I dont miss anything. Also - has anyone ever planted a meyer lemon tree from seed?

asked by always040 over 7 years ago

TheWimpyVegetarian

Check out Lazy Mary's Lemon Tart by dymnymo. It's not going to use a ton of lemons, but is a great recipe. Another one that comes to mind on this site is aargersi's Trio of Citrus Salts.

Lazy Mary's Lemon Tart: http://www.food52.com/recipes...
If you wanted to do something simpler than limoncello you could just infuse vodka, too.
http://www.huffingtonpost...

When I was in college, we grew all sorts of citrus from seed. Most varieties don't breed true. I think that at least some Meyer seeds do, but they're not as robust as the ones grafted on to other rootstock and they take a number of years to yield any fruit. But they sprout easily and the leaves are pretty, so if you think it would be a fun project, go for it!

betteirene

I made Meyer Meringue Pie two nights ago. It was really good--the Better Homes and Gardens lemon meringue recipe made with Meyer lemons--and just today, I thought about using them to make a Shaker lemon pie. Doesn't that sound yummy?

I've made Meyer pound cake, Meyer shortbread cookies, Meyer scones, Meyer lemonade, and a Meyer lemon cake with Meyer lemon curd and Meyer lemon buttercream (it was a Martha thing--the photo looked too good to pass up, and it was really, really good).

RobertaJ

Meyer lemon trees are dwarf and very easy to grow in pots. I have a friend who gave me over 20 Meyers earlier this winter ! And she had plenty more for herself and others.

One of the things I did with my share of the bonanza, was make this very light pudding. It was marvelous, and a hit with the people I served it to...

http://www.epicurious.com...

I do believe that Meyer lemons are dwarf when they are grafted on to dwarf root stock. That wouldn't necessarily stop me from giving it a go with the seeds though. Lots of people have had reasonable success at growing them from seeds. But if you're not in it for the adventure, it might be better to buy a grafted one in a pot.

Jean | Delightful Repast

That's my favorite lemon and the one I use most frequently in cooking and baking. I have a number of Meyer lemon recipes on my blog.