How do you make raw quinoa

asked by a Whole Foods Market Customer about 7 years ago

I'm assuming you are referring to the stuff in the bulk bins, which isn't exactly raw. But use a 2 to 1 ratio of water to quinoa. Cook as you would rice, but it will be done sooner, like in 15 to 18 minutes.

healthierkitchen

I find that by about 12 minutes using Pierino's method, which is what I do as well, that you can usually see the little curly endosperm in the middle of each grain. Once you see that it's cooked and if you like it "al dente" so to speak, that is the time to drain it. It's also nice to put the drained quinoa back into the hot empty pot for another five minutes to steam after that, though I rarely ever bother with that step. Just be careful to drain through a fine mesh strainer or the quinoa will go right through. I speak from experience.

When you say raw quinoa my assumption is you are interested in uncooked quinoa. It is made by sprouting it and then including it in salads with raw vegetables. Very nutritous and a delicious flavor. This is the method I use http://www.quinoatips.com/how-to-sprout-quinoa-new-method/