🔕 🔔

Making Chicken Piccata for dinner and was going to make quinoa as a side. Anyone have any ideas to spice the quinoa up. Was going to do just herbs and butter...

asked by Lucia from Madison over 6 years ago

79ca7fa3 11e3 4829 beae d200649eab49  walken the walk

You might think about toasting some pine nuts in a dry skillet and including those in the finished quinoa as well. Also I recently found black quinoa (hadn't seen that before) and I'm thinking the color contrast would work nicely.

357b354b 4c02 43ad 8664 b674194054ea  me.pie.cookbooks

I often cook quinoa in chicken broth. Toasted pine nuts sound like a great addition. Maybe a little bit of lemon jest.

27deb974 3b33 4f19 b966 dc79321a31b1  photo for web

Thank you! I added the pine nuts and some parm cheese. Very nice. Thanks for the help!

Garlic. Saute some garlic and maybe some onion in some oil or butter in your saucepan before you put in the quinoa. Then throw in the quinoa and some broth (yeah, no water, please....no flavor help there), maybe a splash of wine, and carry on with the recipe. The pine nuts and the cheese sound good too, along with the herbs, but IMHO, there aren't many savory things that aren't helped by garlic and onions.