A question about a recipe: Rustic radish soup

91dc4d99 b214 44d0 8641 b3b1ee8e684b  rad soup

I have a question about step 5 on the recipe "Rustic radish soup" from Sagegreen. It says:

"Stir the cream in to the pot, warm, but do not boil. Serve with an optional garnish of chopped parsley with a radish rosette, salt and pepper to taste, and a toasted and buttered slice of artisan bread."

i'm wondering what can i use to replace the cream. i'm lactose intolerant, so i can't use it. i was wondering about soy yoghurt (plain) or something similar...

asked by Raviel about 7 years ago

wssmom

To go dairy-free in the Rustic Radish Soup recipe, you could blend together silken tofu with some rice or soy milk to equal the three-quarters of a cup of half and half.

Raviel

thnaks a bunch!... i'll try it! :)

Sagegreen

Or maybe almond milk or cashew heavy cream could be nice, too. To make 2 cups of that from scratch, take 1 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight with 1 cup water; blend together in a high powered blender until smooth. You can store in a covered jar in the fridge up to one week.