Leftover red pepper soup

Have red pepper soup made with only peppers, cream, salt. Also have roasted chicken. Ideas for combining these 2 leftovers in new dish?

pierino September 25, 2012

I would think about combining those ingredients with a short pasta form in a baked casserole. I would add in a good melting cheese, maybe fontina or gouda.

China Millman
China Millman September 25, 2012

You could also make a red pepper and chicken souffle. Make a bechamel with butter, flour and whole milk (4 tbsp butter, 4 tbsp flour, 1 1/2 cups milk) - Once it's thicken, simmer for a minute. Off the heat, stir in 4 to 6 egg yolks, about 1 cup of the red pepper soup and 1 cup diced chicken. Separately, beat 4-6 whites to soft peaks. Fold 1/3 into the bechamel mixture, then fold in the rest. You can make this part ahead of time. Place in a 375 degree oven, then turn heat down to 350. Bake for 30-45 minutes, until the souffle is puffed and golden brown. Use either a large souffle mold or 6 individual ramekins.

sexyLAMBCHOPx September 25, 2012

You could add the chicken with the red pepper soup with some cooked rice or orzo for another take on soup.

staceyeats
staceyeats September 25, 2012

These are all great ideas! Thank you! My big concern was how cream based the soup is and how it would hold up once reinvented in a new dish.

sexyLAMBCHOPx September 25, 2012

for the soup re-heat gently, for a casserole dish i wouldnt worry. i could go for some hot red pepper soup now...

HalfPint September 25, 2012

I suggest mixing it into and topping a meatloaf. Theoretically, the pepper would provide a nice flavor.

Kristen W.
Kristen W. September 26, 2012

I could see mixing the soup in with a peperonata and simmering gently for a bit, then adding the chicken in and serving over rice.