🔕 🔔

Steamed dumplings - Can they be assembled the day before and steamed the day of the party?

I am making steamed pork dumplings using wonton wrappers. Due to time restraints, I need to assemble them the day before and steam them at the last minute before my guests arrive. Can I just cover them with damp paper towels and plastic wrap and refrigerate them? Will they be as tender and tasty?

asked by a Whole Foods Market Customer about 6 years ago

You shouldn't have any problems doing them as you've described.

You can also freeze them on a cookie sheet, throw them in a bag once frozen, and then steam them day of.