What ingredients do you use to make pickles

asked by a Whole Foods Market Customer about 7 years ago

mainecook61

You need pickling cucumbers, short, stubby, and a bit prickly in the skin. After that, it depends on the kind of pickle, but you'll surely need pickling salt (no additives) and spices like dill, garlic, mixed pickling spices, etc. Consult a recipe, but do use the right kind of cucumber for best results.

mensaque

I second that,just wanted to add some other vegetables you could add to the jar,it gets beautyfull and delicious:cauliflower,baby onions,carrots,brussels sprouts,eggplant,turnip,baby corn,and for flavor:peppercorns...Oh,and on a separate jar (if you don't want the hole thing to go pink):beets!