🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Pear Rosemary Danish

41462818 fe0b 44b1 b9df ac47027c9fa2  110920 134

I have a question about step 6 on the recipe "Pear Rosemary Danish" from hardlikearmour. It says:

"Flour your counter top or a piece of parchment paper. Use a generous amount of flour to prevent the dough from sticking from the counter. Sprinkle the top of the dough lightly with flour as needed to prevent sticking to the rolling pin. Roll the larger portion of the dough out into a rectangle that is large enough to fit into the bottom, and up and slightly over the sides of a 13- by 9-inch baking pan. (About 17 to 18 inches by 13 to 14 inches.) "I don't understand why there are two pan sizes."

asked by Marga about 6 years ago

Cbfb27ea 071f 4941 9183 30dce4007b50  merrill

I believe the second set of measurements are the dimensions you should aim for when rolling out the the dough.

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

Merrill is exactly correct. I use a standard 13- by 9-inch cake pan when making this, so to make it fit the dough needs to be 4 to 5 inches larger in each direction.