🔕 🔔

Can I make biscuit dough ahead of time?

I work from 1-8:00 pm and like to have dinner as soon as I get home. I am making a pot pie with a biscuit topping. I was wondering if I could assemble it with the biscuit dough on top in the fridge and have my husband put it in the oven before I get home. If only my husband knew how to make biscuits!

asked by singing_baker almost 6 years ago

Yes, certainly. Sounds wonderful!

Another option...I use a drop biscuit recipe on top of my pot pies. I mix everything for the biscuits in the food processor, dump it into a mixing bowl, and keep it in the fridge until I'm ready for it. As the pot pie itself is heating through in the oven, I add the liquid to the biscuit dough and then drop the batter by serving spoonfuls on the hot pot pie. 12 - 15 minutes later, dinner is done.