🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Penne with Creamed Greens and Pancetta

508bccc4 751a 494b 9c29 5b7ade78acd7  2016 0211 penne with creamed greens and pancetta bobbi lin 17365

I have a question about the recipe "Penne with Creamed Greens and Pancetta" from amanda.

Could I substitute bacon for the pancetta and cream cheese or sour cream for the creme fraiche and still have a great dish?

asked by Eggplayer almost 6 years ago

397bc6d3 46e8 4d02 8a39 ce4a087eb481  2015 0609 amanda portrait 135

Yes, bacon would be great. And sour cream should work but I would not use cream cheese.

8e507f5f d9f6 4f7b bc71 924644356ec4  m eats huarache

I dunno, I have used cream cheese mixed with milk in similar situations... about 1:3 proportions (less crm chs) The cream cheese thickens and gives it a tang that is not so dissimilar to creme fraiche IMHO...

8bbce907 3b5e 4c8c be5c c64e6c780d63  birthday 2012
luvcookbooks

Meg is a trusted home cook.

as it happened, I had no cream when I made the recipe, so used low fat milk (usually I wouldn't, but my daughter has decided we should comply with nutritional guidelines and buy low fat milk). Never have creme fraiche on hand so used sour cream. No pancetta, used bacon and left it out of my son the vegetarian Critic's portion.
Rave reviews from everyone, but I want to try it again with the cream.