🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Caramelized Butternut Squash Wedges with a Sage Hazelnut Pesto

43fc6754 f9db 483e bfa4 ef5cfa621692  2014 1031 suite one studio gold rimmed lace platter mid 006

I have a question about the recipe "Caramelized Butternut Squash Wedges with a Sage Hazelnut Pesto" from melissav.
The recipe states to toast the hazelnuts. Should I rub off the skins in a towel after toasting them before using them in the pesto?

asked by Eggplayer almost 6 years ago

62da2e3c 5d4a 4c43 a2ed feb7f39ad363  with ab

If the recipe doesn't specify, it's probably not necessary. Some people do find the taste of the skins quite bitter, so if you're one of them, that step certainly wouldn't hurt

The easiest way to remove the skins is to roll the hazelnuts around in a sieve.

D22e715c 166f 4578 8ad4 1e169fc809ba  ry 400

I believe Amanda and Merrill removed the skins but I'll admit that I took the lazy route and didn't.

72b8c92f c97c 49cf 8fc2 4b08462521f6  me

I always remove the skins with a towel or sieve, depending on my mood, otherwise they get caught in your throat and give you that weird cough.