🔕 🔔

what would be a good nut to replace hazelnuts?

asked by peach49 almost 6 years ago

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

Almonds would be my first choice.

It might depend on what the recipe is. But I'd agree that almonds would probably be a safe choice. I'd add walnuts to that too. However, if you wanted to play with flavors and take a different direction, the world of nuts is open to you: peanuts, cashews, macadamia, etc.

62da2e3c 5d4a 4c43 a2ed feb7f39ad363  with ab

I think walnuts are a good add to almonds. What else is in the recipe...that might help us help you

357b354b 4c02 43ad 8664 b674194054ea  me.pie.cookbooks

Brazil nuts are much larger but the nut meat texture is similar, the taste is pretty mild. Macadamia nuts might be a good fit but be warned they are very rich and properly the nut with the highest fat.