Allergic to walnuts, pecans, & hazelnuts. Alternatives for recipes calling for any of these?

I am allergic to, of course, the healthiest and most-used nuts in all of cooking - walnuts, pecans, and hazelnuts. I often use almonds in place of any of these when I need to, but am wondering if there are other alternatives besides almonds that might be good. Variety is the spice of life, right?

asked by bibbs over 6 years ago

Kristy Mucci
Kristy Mucci

Kristy is an expert at making things pretty and a former Associate Editor of Food52.

Pumpkin seeds, pine nuts, sunflower seeds, pistachios, cashews -- basically any nut or seed that isn't one of the offending three.

Peanuts were what I thought of first when I read your question.

rt21

Macadamia nuts and brazil nuts

I went right to macadamia nuts also. They are awesome!