🔕 🔔

My 9 inch pie plate doesn't seem to work every time!

I've used my mother's Pyrex pie plate for years but have had several mishaps and am wondering if it's the recipe or the pie plate. Today's issue is whether 8 eggs, 1-1/2 cups milk, a pound of chopped spinach, a cup of grated cheese and some bacon will fit. I'm having trouble imagining it. This is a standard pie plate, not deep dish.

asked by Fern about 6 years ago

C0d1f1de 4134 43ba 9510 1d7a8caa31f3  scan0004

Another way -- make the recipe as is, pour it in your pie plate, and have some back-up handy. (Did your mother have Pyrex custard cups? -- they'd make nice single servings.) You could even use cake pans, or a shallow casserole/baking dish.