Presale! 2 new cookbooks from Food52. Claim your signed copies »
🔕 🔔

My 9 inch pie plate doesn't seem to work every time!

I've used my mother's Pyrex pie plate for years but have had several mishaps and am wondering if it's the recipe or the pie plate. Today's issue is whether 8 eggs, 1-1/2 cups milk, a pound of chopped spinach, a cup of grated cheese and some bacon will fit. I'm having trouble imagining it. This is a standard pie plate, not deep dish.

asked by Fern over 5 years ago
C0d1f1de 4134 43ba 9510 1d7a8caa31f3  scan0004

Another way -- make the recipe as is, pour it in your pie plate, and have some back-up handy. (Did your mother have Pyrex custard cups? -- they'd make nice single servings.) You could even use cake pans, or a shallow casserole/baking dish.

Join Our Email List!

Inbox Inspiration:

Our newsletter is brimming with recipes and features that have us talking—dive in!

A Joyful Home:

Sign up to get $10 off a first purchase of $50 or more in our shop full of tools & treasures.

Come On In:

Join our humming community and get dibs on events, peeks at new cookbooks, and a surprise or two.