Does anyone have a foolproof recipe for Scottish tablet? I have made this once perfectly but about 7 times imperfectly, always using the same recipe and ingredients. I'm not sure what I am doing wrong ....

asked by Alison6666 about 8 years ago

TiggyBee

Can you describe what happens to to your end result?

Mr_Vittles

I have made this one a few times with success. Its measurements are from a website from the UK so you may need to do some conversions: http://scruss.com/tablet.html

I like making some dishes from the UK too, my favorite being flapjacks!

beyondcelery

I second Mr_Vittles' recipe link. I've used that recipe for years and it's always worked well for me. The biggest trick to tablet, I find, is stirring it off the heat at the end until it's at that perfectly balanced point between Liquid and Cat Litter. That just takes practice and this is the perfect recipe to practice on.