A Dinner puzzle. One small steak two people.

I was lazy today and get any fresh foods. I have one very small tri tip steak, and need to make a meal for two people. I have one potato and some lettuce. No fresh bread. But have some eggs.

asked almost 7 years ago

Well...salads with potato, hard-boiled eggs, and little strips of beef on top. Ironically, it's pretty much what I'm eating tonight, except I also have an avocado.

inpatskitchen
inpatskitchen

Pat is a trusted home cook.

Add a little blue cheese to that salad and a little tomato and you've got a pretty hardy meal!

beyondcelery

What about a steak frittata with a thin potato base and a salad on the side?

skittle

How about an omelet with steak in it? Then you could make some hash browns with the potato. Something just a touch different. I like having breakfast for dinner.

skittle

skittle

LucyS

You could also sear the steak and have mashed potatoes on the side - a classic. Do you have any herbs, cheese, really anything to supplement the lettuce? I think that with the right dressing and any other accent (or not!) you can have a very nice all-lettuce salad. Just put a little extra in the dressing.

Using your mandoline slice the potatoes very thin and pan fry until golden brown and crisp, top with thin slices of pan fried steak and an egg (fried or poached), salad on the side.

jenmmcd

I second the vote for a runny egg on top of a salad. Any olives on hand? A jar of roasted red peppers? Blue or goat cheese?