Who's getting notifications?

I'm taking a poll to see if I should switch my FOOD52 email to gmail. Whose getting notifications? Not me. Yahoo, PC, Chrome. While we're at it, who has a FOOD52-specific email address?

asked almost 7 years ago

Ack, grammar police! Who's not whose. I'm sure the edit function will return, but I'm equally sure I'll be cringing a lot until it does!

Haven't gotten a notification since the launch of the new site.

I'm getting them via gmail, but really wish I could get them through my usual mail (which allows me to route into folders, which helps a lot with time management). ;o)

Peter
Peter

While Peter no longer works for Food52 he still thinks up ways to make the website better.

Antonia, 1) who is the email provider for your non-Gmail account? 2) Are you talking about Hotline/Foodpickle notifications or Blog and recipe comments or both? And finally 3) if you're speaking of Hotline notifications, did they stop arriving exactly when we made all the changes to the site?

Peter, I'm not getting anything through my earthlink.net account. Nothing at all. I used to get everything (foodpickle answers, questions about recipes, comments on recipes, comments on blog posts), with no problem whatsoever. And yes, everything went silent as of the site re-design. ;o)

Droplet

I am not getting any either. I have a hotmail account . PC

Droplet

Yeah, no notifications of any kind, hotline or comments. It coincides with the changeover. For now I bookmark the ones I might want to keep up with and return to them that way to respond. It works for a while, but it gets tiresome.

Peter
Peter

All, we know there's a problem with emails related to recipe comments and blog comments. Is anyone NOT receiving Hotline (Foodpickle) notifications? And did they stop arriving concurrent with the changes we made to the site? (Because we didn't change a darned thing with those emails so it's pretty baffling if they did.)

Bevi

Hi Peter, I am not receiving anything. And it did stop concurrent with the changes. I am also assuming that people to whom I have sent messages in the last few weeks have not received them.

inpatskitchen
inpatskitchen

Pat is a trusted home cook.

I'm not receiving any e-mails related to the site and haven't been since the changes have been made...neither Hotline notifications or recipes and blog comments. I'm on a PC using Firefox and have a Comcast e-mail account.

fiveandspice
fiveandspice

Emily is a trusted source on Scandinavian Cuisine.

I'm not receiving any either, and it definitely was concurrent with the site change. I can see the difference distinctly in my email! I have been having them sent to a hotmail account which I keep separate from my gmail account because it helps my brain sort things, and I'd prefer not to have to switch to receiving them in my gmail, though I will if I must so I don't feel so darned out of the loop. Also, the site only seems allow me to comment/reply/ask a question about 1 in every 5 tries!

Yep, Peter. No Hotline notifications, concurrent with with the site change.

Niknud
Niknud

Rachael is a trusted home cook.

Me too. No emails of any kind whatsoever (hotline/recipe comments/etc) since the site change - on hotmail with both a PC and MAC. Still receive emails from Amanda & Merril but that's about it.

Niknud
Niknud

Rachael is a trusted home cook.

Also, still only intermitantly able to click past the first page (be it hotline or recipe pages) of a list. Not that your asking about it here but I live in mortal fear that I might miss some amazing recipe....

I am getting the food52 emails but no notificatons from hotline.

beyondcelery

I haven't received any notifications to my Hotmail account and it started happening exactly when the site change went into effect. On a PC.

loubaby

I get my notifications from Gmail

alexlutz

I just wanted to thank you all for your feedback and for adding specifics around your browsers and computers. The more information we have, the better as this problem seems to be tricky in that many users are receiving notifications as usual and there is no discernible pattern (yet) to the problem cases. Rest assured that we are on the case--we want you all to have your notifications restored as soon as possible.

I haven't gotten a notification since the launch of the new site. I'm on a PC/I.E./Hotmail

Yes, I do receive e-mails from editorial at Food52 at my hotmail.com address, but no notifications. The latter ceased the week of the rollout of the new format.

luvcookbooks
luvcookbooks

Meg is a trusted home cook.

not getting notifications about foodpickle/recipes/blog posts
aol/internet explorer (I'm 53, you can feel free to laugh)

Since the switch, I've received no notifications for either comments or Hotline, on either my PC or Macbook, at verizon.net. While I'm kvetching - Hotline is also still loading very slowly for me and whenever I post an answer, I get a message saying (paraphrase): 'sorry, there was an error and your answer didn't post, but here's a recipe...', yet when I check, the answer actually has posted.

Woops. Just happened again - so to correct my last reply: it doesn't say the answer didn't post, just that there was an error (which seems to imply a non-post?) Now, if there were an edit button, I could have just amended my last post...assume this is in the works too?

I am on macpro/safari and I am getting everything. I have gmail and a host server both. (You know, you have a web-site and pay for it, whatever it is called.)

I do know our partner in Brazil, mensaque, sent this out today and wasn't responded to by guardian staff: "The little "no e-mails" box is there,and even when I don't check it,there are no e-mails.I miss them..."

One more thing, I don't get a message that says my comment has posted when I respond to Hotline. Don't know if it should be there or not.

I get all of the notifications (messages, hotline, blog, recipe) via g-mail.

Lizthechef

I'm not getting notifications but I frequently check the box so that my email is not overwhelmed with others' responses. I use Chrome as my browser.

My notifications did not come on the first day to the switchover, but resumed that evening and I think they are all still coming. This is on a PC with both Firefox and Internet Explorer. When they weren't coming I did look at the settings on my profile and couldn't find any place to enter the email address. I did get a message from a member, and I hope she got my reply!

My notifications did not come on the first day to the switchover, but resumed that evening and I think they are all still coming. This is on a PC with both Firefox and Internet Explorer. When they weren't coming I did look at the settings on my profile and couldn't find any place to enter the email address. I did get a few messages from members, and I hopethey got my reply!

I don't receive any notifications at all I failed to say what I use mac with safari and receive email thru MSN/hotmail.

gt9
gt9

Silence is the answer for me on all fronts...Mac with apple mail, and MS Outlook.

mensaque

Check your spam box.It should (well,it shoudn't-but it may) be all in there.Mine is full to the lid.Don't know how to correct it,though.I use a g-mail account,but it doesn't seem to do it for me.I asked a similar question that was answered in a similar way.Hope it helps.

No, mensaque. I still get no notifications--they are not in my spam box. For your situation, you should be able to add the addresses to your contacts list, and they'll go to your inbox.

As others have noted, I do get emails from Amanda&Merrill.