Voting

Are we voting anonymously yet?

asked about 7 years ago

I just voted and it was reported without stating how I voted. So yes, we are! ;o)

Montana Culinary Students

Thank you, AntoniaJames.

I just noticed that, while the minute-to-minute log on the home page does not divulge for which recipe a member voted, rather, it logs that the member voted for a recipe. HOWEVER, I just noticed that the (very annoying and claustrophobic) live feed across the bottom of any and all pages does in fact disclose for which recipe anyone voted. Please, food52, let anonymous be anonymous across the site when it comes to voting. Sorry, but I wouldn't have voted this week if I'd known my vote would show up down below.

alexlutz

Boulangere, thanks for bringing this to our attention. We will address this as soon as we can as we agree that keeping the votes confidential is very important.

I vote for no live feed and contest votes staying anonymous. The live feed is ridiculous, annoying and useless. Food52 isn't CNN.

The live feed just showed that I'd answered a question which in fact I did not answer; I answered an entirely different one.

Thank you, alexlutz.