Having trouble editing recipe after it's entered in contest.

I saw that the sorghum was listed twice in the Dry Bones recipe I entered in the Holiday Confection contest. I keep going to editing to delete it so it's only listed once. I delete it on the editing page, but when I check the recipe in the contest, it's still listed twice, and twice on my page--Help please!

asked by Louisa about 7 years ago

I had that same problem. It seems there is a lag between when you edit and when it actually shows up. Wait awhile and see if it fixes.

Yes, this is just a caching issue -- your changes should appear after about 5 minutes. Let us know if they don't!

Louisa

Thanks! I just saw that in my attempt to correct the mistake, I have published the recipe (with mistake) twice! Do you know how I can remove one of them? And should I make a comment on the recipe at the bottom of the page to correct the ingredients?

Louisa

Thanks, Merrill. I'll wait a bit and watch for the correction.

Louisa, I just tried deleting the extra sorghum entry myself, and the change still hasn't appeared. Don't worry -- if it doesn't work right away, we'll simply make a note of it when we're considering recipes for the contest (it won't affect your entry!), and we'll figure out how to fix the problem. I'm only seeing one version of the recipe, though. Are you still seeing a duplicate?

Louisa

Only seeing one entry now. If the extra sorghum doesn't delete afterwhile, I think I'll post the correction in the comment/question box. Thanks so much for the help!

Louisa

Oops, no, it's still entered twice with the mistake. I'm adding the correction at the bottom of the page.