Best Holiday Confection Deadline

The contest page says that the contest closes in 23 hours (It's 1 PM EDT here now.) I thought contests closed at midnight on Thursday? Did you change the deadline?

asked almost 7 years ago

I think the deadline is the same as before - midnight. I'm guessing the counter is wrong.

As of this moment, it's showing that it closes in 17 hours, 10 minutes, which puts it at 10 pm MST, which is midnight EST.

inpatskitchen
inpatskitchen

Pat is a trusted home cook.

According to the counter, the contest will close at noon tomorrow EDT, but it could be a mistake

Since the deadline time is time-zone relative, might it be better if Food52 reverted to announcing a deadline time of midnight EST? That makes it easy, and much less ambiguous for all of us to figure out our own times, i.e. 10 pm for me in MST. That, especially since there are world-wide participants. The hourly countdown is sort of useless unless one is in the EST. There seems to be much confusion here, so if one of the resident geniuses at Food52 could weigh in, it would be a great help.

I am also wondering when it ends. Hope I have enough time to prep and get in on this.

The contest deadline is indeed the normal Thursday night at midnight. The source of the counter being off was actually an error inputting the deadline on our end -- sorry for the confusion! The time should be correct now and the counter should reflect that soon.

Thanks, Kristen.

The $1.89 Lunch Our Editor-in-Chief Swears By

Chickpeas to the Rescue

Curried Chickpea Sandwich

You can count the ingredients on one hand.

Simplest Homemade Doughnuts

Meatballs lend comfort on one family's journey from Mexico.

My Family Recipe: Mexican Meatballs

What's New in the Neighborhood

From weeknight favorites to regional classics.

12 Essential Italian Cookbooks