🔕 🔔

What van i use vanilla oil for?

asked by ninastrauss almost 6 years ago

69d2403d 88f4 4b72 b0b9 84a21f4d0561  img 1445

I've never had vanilla oil, but if it tastes like it sounds, you might want to try making the vanilla vegetable salad from Dorie Greenspan's new cookbook, Around My French Table. Just replace the oil and vanilla bean in the recipe with your vanilla oil. Enjoy!

Be53e5fa f5fe 4601 8d5e 7d9c096a5aed  nog
Niknud

Rachael is a trusted home cook.

Oooh, Around My French Table just came yesterday from Amazon! Any recipes you particularly like - it's a rather large cookbook and I'd be happy for starting points!

62da2e3c 5d4a 4c43 a2ed feb7f39ad363  with ab

Try my recipe for "saffron-vanilla creamy crabby corn," but skip the vanilla bean and put a little of this oil on top at the end instead. YUM!

0f493ab9 068f 4498 ba2c 95c992214d52  sit2

Vanilla pares very well with lobster or scallops if it's not overpowering. If it is..cut it with a bit of clarified butter.