What van i use vanilla oil for?

asked by ninastrauss over 6 years ago

CarlaCooks

I've never had vanilla oil, but if it tastes like it sounds, you might want to try making the vanilla vegetable salad from Dorie Greenspan's new cookbook, Around My French Table. Just replace the oil and vanilla bean in the recipe with your vanilla oil. Enjoy!

Niknud
Niknud

Rachael is a trusted home cook.

Oooh, Around My French Table just came yesterday from Amazon! Any recipes you particularly like - it's a rather large cookbook and I'd be happy for starting points!

JessicaBakes

Try my recipe for "saffron-vanilla creamy crabby corn," but skip the vanilla bean and put a little of this oil on top at the end instead. YUM!

Vanilla pares very well with lobster or scallops if it's not overpowering. If it is..cut it with a bit of clarified butter.