A question about a recipe: Lemon Artichoke Chicken

Fddfb452 e5f7 4dd6 b715 eaec94b43f13  111610f 018

I have a question about the ingredient "dry sherry" on the recipe "Lemon Artichoke Chicken" from Lizthechef. Is there a non alcoholic alternative to sherry?

asked by AmyNitrate about 7 years ago

For this recipe I'd go with either apple juice or chicken broth. Won't be quite the same, but the dish should still turn out well.

Ophelia

I usually substitute watered down vinegar or lemon juice, or if not very much asked for in the recipe I'll leave it out completely.
For this recipe I would up the lemon juice by a tablespoon and leave it at that.

wssmom

I'm with hla, I would use apple juice.

Laurielu

Chicken broth. But why not use the sherry? I'm in AA and I use wee amounts of wine when I cook.

My sister and I have found that flat Dr. Pepper has a very similar flavor profile to Sherry, and works well as a sub.