🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Lemon Artichoke Chicken

Fddfb452 e5f7 4dd6 b715 eaec94b43f13  111610f 018

I have a question about the ingredient "dry sherry" on the recipe "Lemon Artichoke Chicken" from Lizthechef. Is there a non alcoholic alternative to sherry?

asked by AmyNitrate about 6 years ago

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

For this recipe I'd go with either apple juice or chicken broth. Won't be quite the same, but the dish should still turn out well.

I usually substitute watered down vinegar or lemon juice, or if not very much asked for in the recipe I'll leave it out completely.
For this recipe I would up the lemon juice by a tablespoon and leave it at that.

0dcfb05c 8a90 480f 8cf7 cbc33e9a6b5c  me

I'm with hla, I would use apple juice.

Chicken broth. But why not use the sherry? I'm in AA and I use wee amounts of wine when I cook.

My sister and I have found that flat Dr. Pepper has a very similar flavor profile to Sherry, and works well as a sub.