Can you substitute golden raisins for dried currants in a recipe?

asked almost 8 years ago

Yes -- golden raisins are sweeter than currants so you may want to adjust the sugar in the recipe.

I agree with Amanda. But is this a sweet or savory dish? One way to tweak the flavor is to macerate the raisins (or currants) in wine; sherry, marsala or even port. Of course if you are making scones that may not be a good idea.

I was making meatballs! And what I did was chop them up (about the size of pine nuts--which were also in the recipe) and use about 1/2 the amount called for. Worked out great!