Need help with bread baking.
I'm using the King arthur flour Pumpkin Yeast bread, but I use half bread flour and half all purpose flour. I want to add sun-dried tomatoes to it, that aren't soaked in oil, should I soak it in water before adding it to the bread, or just incorporate it in during the shaping?
I've added raisins before and soaked the raisins beforehand.
I would also take away the spices, and add an Italian blend of herbs instead.

asked by happycao over 7 years ago

Yes, I'd recommend soaking in hot water for about 10 minutes.

jay_furr

Add the tomatoes, soaked or not, late in the process -- and not too many. Or they'll get in the way of the gluten structure forming and you'll have a very dense loaf.

happycao

thank you! that was fast!