🔕 🔔

Need help with bread baking.
I'm using the King arthur flour Pumpkin Yeast bread, but I use half bread flour and half all purpose flour. I want to add sun-dried tomatoes to it, that aren't soaked in oil, should I soak it in water before adding it to the bread, or just incorporate it in during the shaping?
I've added raisins before and soaked the raisins beforehand.
I would also take away the spices, and add an Italian blend of herbs instead.

asked by happycao almost 7 years ago

397bc6d3 46e8 4d02 8a39 ce4a087eb481  2015 0609 amanda portrait 135

Yes, I'd recommend soaking in hot water for about 10 minutes.

1339c917 c8c7 408b 908c 33c69f10d9a5  img 8066

Add the tomatoes, soaked or not, late in the process -- and not too many. Or they'll get in the way of the gluten structure forming and you'll have a very dense loaf.

thank you! that was fast!