🔕 🔔

Adding photos to current contest entries & other people's recipes

We used to be able to add photos to recipes that were participating in a contest, but that is not the case anymore. Will this change? Also we used to be able to add photos to other peoples recipes. Will we get that ability again?

asked almost 6 years ago

7b500f1f 3219 4d49 8161 e2fc340b2798  flower bee

I have been wondering about this too, HLA. There are some good recipes out there that get overlooked for the lack of photos and some that clearly come from good cooks who might not be such good photographers. I thought that feature on the old website was a nice one, since this is a community oriented place and just like comments can help improve a recipe, someone else's photo can give a recipe the attention it deserves.

Cef49d72 d554 46db a888 e97e0311e08e  cimg0737

HLA, last night I asked a question too about the ability to add photos, especially when a recipe is participating in a current contest. I would love to be able to do this. Last night I added a Confections recipe, but couldn't find a way to load more than one photo before the deadline. It would also be great to be able to add photos to other people's recipes. Maybe there is a way for the recipe creator to approve photos added by the community?

Ec30261f e677 492c 9ab6 670678db31fd  dscn3372

I tried to do this too, for a recipe I tested for the pancake contest. Can we still add photos to other people's recipes? If so, how?

I hope this feature is enabled again. I just asked a hotline question, that seemed to have been erased, wondering whether the editors would consider putting an icon by recipes that have photos. I personally don't use recipes on this site that don't have them and I always prefer a cookbook that's well photographed as well.

21cce3cd 8e22 4227 97f9 2962d7d83240  photo squirrel

really? a photo is the make or break factor for your making a 52 recipe? same for you with books and magazines?

C0d1f1de 4134 43ba 9510 1d7a8caa31f3  scan0004

Add your answer here