🔕 🔔

How many servings does perrenialplates recipe for [potato terrine make? Can I make it in a 2 inch rectangular cake pan?

I'm planning to make this for my food52 party tomorrow. Can it be served by itself, or does it need to paired with anythings? vegetarian suggestions please! No goat cheese since I'm including it for arielleclemetines polenta with caramelized onions & honey.

asked by Panfusine almost 6 years ago

2f4926e2 248b 4c22 a6f7 8f2d888b8488  3 bizcard

I have not made this but I would venture a guess that it would be about the same as if you made lets say banana bread in a loaf pan. Depending how thin or thick you cut the slices. From a loaf of quick bread you can easily get 8 nice size slices. I could be way off but thats what I think. Regarding a rectangular pan I don't see why not, you may have to adjust cooking time because it would be thinner.

67544da8 1862 4539 8ec8 2d9dfc2601bb  dsc 0122.nef 1

Thanks sdebrango... I have to resort to the rectangular pans only because i have 2 of them which would help in the pressing.

I know it will be delicious, best of luck with the party tomorrow. Can't wait for pictures.

About the photographs, are we supposed to post them on food52 ourselves, or shd we send them over to [email protected].. (cos thats what I just did with the goody bag stuff & an appetizer...)

We are supposed to send them to [email protected] I need to work on the goody bags tomorrow! Best of luck

Panfusine - it's a great side dish - so no it doesn't need anything else. However there are many vegetarian things that it would be great with... a fried, egg, an herb salad, tomato jam, olive tapenade... just think about roasted potatoes and how that can go with anything. As far as number of people serving, it completely depends on if it is a small side or a big part of the meal. As a side - the small dish could serve 8 people. A two inch cake pan will work just fine - just make sure to fill it right to the top. thanks and have fun!

Thanks so much.. I used about 5 lbs of potatoes, the time specified was on the dot & its currently cooling under the combined weight of a filled up kettle, mortar, pestle & a small lodge cast iron skillet!!, I was thinking of pairing it with a roasted tomato sauce (the original roasted cherry tomato recipe was from Amanda, & I simply decided to evaporate the puree down to concentrate its flavors..Really looking forward to having this,

1d0d675a 5598 44a5 865e 32730d2a1273  186003 1004761561 1198459 n

I made it according to directions yesterday and when I served it for dinner I used about half of it for 6 people. I cut it about the size in the picture(about 3/4 inch thick) and served it as a side to Tastefoods winning Porcini Dusted Beef Tenderloin and my Greek Style Zucchini Pancakes.