Wondering if Lot 18, pulled out of the wine sponsoring for the potluck parties.

The books & the Oxo gifts arrived 2 days ahead, but no sign of any package from Lot 18 & my party is ready to begin!, I guess at this time its moot)

asked by Panfusine about 7 years ago

I got my wine a week ago. It has to be a mistake.

Panfusine, neither Lot18 nor we would want this to happen. I'm curious why you waited until just before your party started to let us know? Did you reach out to us at the editors account? If you did and did not receive a response, I sincerely apologize. If we'd known about this yesterday, we could have sorted this out and found a way to get the wine over-nighted to you. Also, in the future, you can just email me directly if you have an emergency like this: [email protected] -- it's a more effective way to reach me than this public forum which I do make an effort to keep up on but my email is more 24/7. Meghan will be in touch with you to find a way to get you the wine and your guests their gift certificates. Thank you, and hope the rest of your party goes well.

Were we supposed to get gift certificates also? If so I didn't get them just the wine,

Yes, I believe so. But will confirm. We may have opted for more wine delivered instead of g.c. -- but will let you know.

Thanks, the wine is great and I know everyone will enjoy!

Wine arrived last week for the SW NH party, but I could find nothing else in the box (except extremely good packing) -- nothing like a shipping list or ID or promo for the shipper. Looks lovely, will be appreciated!

I was curious about that also, nothing from the company just a box with wine, I am thrilled to have the wine but thought there would be some paperwork included. Yes, it was very well packed!

nutcakes

I guess it's too late to ask 'what potluck parties'?

Here is the post on the parties: http://www.food52.com/blog...

Panfusine, what are you making? What are others bringing? Who's coming? Come on, inquiring minds want to know! Please post post-party results!

Panfusine

Sorry it took me a day to reply.. The freak snow storm TOTALLY knocked the power out for a whole day! I'll probably be known as the crazy host who partied by candlelight in a snowstorm with the happy squeals of children as background music!

Summer of Eggplant

I received wine as well and was also impressed by the packaging. Party is tomorrow!

So glad -- and relieved! -- that others have received their wine and that perhaps this was just one snafu. Unfortunate still, but we'll do our best to mend the situation.

enbe

I got my wine a week ago but haven't gotten my other "favors" or gift certificates. My party is next Saturday. Amanda, when should I be worried? Or was there staggered shipping? In the end, I'm just excited to throw a party, the rest is secondary.

enbe

Yes, there was staggered shipping for the books and other favors. But if you don't receive them by Thursday, please let me know.

enbe

Amanda, good to know. Thanks!

enbe

Ugg I wish there was a way to delete comments. How embarrassing. Also Panfusine, how was it?!?

Please don't feel embarrassed, and I'll ask someone on our team to delete the extra comment!

Panfusine you are amazing. So glad you all had a great time and its great that you made the best of a challenging situation and had a memorable party!

Bevi

Panfusine your party sounds lovely! It's so much fun to hear this first Post Party Analysis (PPA)! We had a great time in Brooklyn, but I'll leave it to sdebrango, the Brooklyn hostess with the mostest, to fill in the details. It is so much fun to hear about the various menus. What a great community of cooks!

Panfusine

Sdebrango... we're waiting to hear the exciting details... (PPA is beginning to be almost as much fun as getting the party set up & the event itself!!, Doesn't it sound like kids comparing Candy after Halloween?)

I have been decompressing from the festivities. I was so happy to host the party and SO thrilled to meet so many that I converse with daily. At the party besides me was Bevi, drbabs,wssmom,eatart,meagan,anitaelectric, two of my friends and food52 lurkers Jocelyn and Barbara, can't forget drbabs wonderful and very brave husband Harry, also Camille my neighbor stopped by also and oh yes singing_baker and can't forget Eva who is Bevi's beautiful and talented daughter who is a jam maker extraordinaire. Everyone had a great time we had some amazing and fantastic food, lets see: Smoked Ham with Pommegranate Molasses,dijon and black pepper
Mashed potatoes with caramelized onions and goat cheese
Butternut squash and garlic galette
Merrills cheese bisuits
Fig and blue cheese savouries
Shaved Brussel Sprout salad
pumpkin/pancetta baked pasta
Dukkah deviled eggs
Amandas Brussel Sprout Salad a la M. Wells
Dips and Vegetables
Merrills cream cheese cookies
AJ's Gingerbread bars
Ginger apple torte
salted pumpkin caramels
Lazy Mary's Improved Lemon Tart
Peartini
hot mulled white wine with pear brandy
I hope I didn't forget anyone or anything. We had a really good time and I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. The wine was terrific, the oxo gifts were wonderful. It was a great day. Also Bevi made Jennifer Perillo's tomato jam and everyone got a jar and her daughter Eva brought some of her amazing jam for everyone. I had a drawing for 3 of the signed cookbooks so 3 lucky cooks got one. Wow, hope I included everything it was a wonderful day.

Panfusine

WOWEEE, Sounds AWESOME!!..Looking forward to all the party news as they come in..Its like opening your halloween candy stash & comparing whats in it!
Merrills' Moms Cream cheese cookies are a total hit are'nt they?.. they've featured in 2 consecutive bashes!

Panfusine

Yes the cream cheese cookies are so good, but everything was so delicious it was amazing. It's definitely like halloween or christmas I love hearing about the parties and who came and what was served. Your's gets some kind of award for still having a successful party despite adversity.

I have not received anything. No wine, no favors no whatever you were sending.

My party is this Sunday, November 6th. What do I ned to do to get them?

Bevi

HI Chefjune

Amanda asks that you email her directly so she can expedite the process: [email protected]