Not kneading the dough in Heavenly Oatmeal-Molasses Rolls

E758a4de c2c0 4045 868d 261ebeb00d7d  2014 1030 molasses rolls 008

I've always skipped over bread recipes that didn't require kneading because I thought, how could a yeast bread turn out out if you didn't knead the dough? Well, today I tried monkeymom's no-knead rolls, and they were amazing. Could someone please explain to me how a yeast recipe works without needing?

asked by pamelalee almost 7 years ago

Kitchen Butterfly

I discovered no-knead dough a couple of years ago and I haven't looked back.

TIME is the key thing. Kneading helps to distribute the yeast in a dough, activating its rising power. With no-knead doughs, time does all the work of distributing the yeast.

Read this article on Jim Lahey...the father of no-knead http://www.nytimes.com...

As a result I no longer am afraid to make breads - I use more liquid and less yeast.....!

pamelalee

Thanks for the link and the fascinating information!