I have made these multiple times and they are wonderful. I froze them after baking. Merrill will probably weigh in on freezing before baking but I had wonderful results freezing the baked biscuits.

I think you could freeze these before baking as well -- once you cut the dough, freeze the rounds on a baking sheet, and then once they're firm, transfer them to an airtight container and put back in the freezer. I'd bake them from frozen when you're ready, rather than defrosting first -- they may take a little longer in the oven.