🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Russ Parsons' Dry-Brined Turkey (a.k.a. The Judy Bird)

Ec3c1da0 82a5 4554 9acc 36dfd77f86af  2016 1028 judy bird bobbi lin 11189

For the herb salt rub to use in "Russ Parsons' Dry-Brined Turkey (a.k.a. The Judy Bird)", is it okay to mix the fresh herbs with the salt a day or two ahead of time? I'm seriously considering making this. In fact, I've pretty much decided, because I trust and respect Russ Parsons. I'd like to prepare the herb/salt rub this weekend. Thank you!! ;o).

asked about 6 years ago

39bc764f 7859 45d4 9e95 fc5774280613  headshot 2.0 crop

Sure, if you want to knock it out early! The salt should preserve the herbs and spices -- just keep it tightly sealed.