Longevity of Almond flour

Last year I bought some almond flour. I used a bit, then froze it. Will it still be okay or should I buy some new stuff?

asked by skittle almost 7 years ago

spuntino

Have you been keeping it in the freezer? I have a bag that's just about a year old and its doing fine in the freezer.

If it's frozen it should be fine. Taste a smidge - it spoils by going rancid, which tastes foul but isn't gonna kill you.

Ditto. In the freezer, fine for a year. It may clump some, which is especially an issue if you're using it right from the freezer, so keep that in mind.

skittle

Yep, it's been in the freezer. I figured that'd be the best place to keep it due to the oils in the nuts....
It tastes fine but I wanted to be sure. Thanks!