🔕 🔔

Longevity of Almond flour

Last year I bought some almond flour. I used a bit, then froze it. Will it still be okay or should I buy some new stuff?

asked by skittle over 6 years ago

905240fe bd99 409e a391 2797c6e0f601  photo 9

Have you been keeping it in the freezer? I have a bag that's just about a year old and its doing fine in the freezer.

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

If it's frozen it should be fine. Taste a smidge - it spoils by going rancid, which tastes foul but isn't gonna kill you.

84baef1b 1614 4c3d a895 e859c9d40bd1  chris in oslo

Ditto. In the freezer, fine for a year. It may clump some, which is especially an issue if you're using it right from the freezer, so keep that in mind.

Yep, it's been in the freezer. I figured that'd be the best place to keep it due to the oils in the nuts....
It tastes fine but I wanted to be sure. Thanks!