How much yogurt should I remove before grilling chicken?

I marinated chicken breasts in greek yogurt overnight. How much should I remove before grilling? Some recipes say to leave quite a bit on and some say to remove most of it. I am not sure how much to leave on the chicken before I put in on the BBQ.

asked by CaryNC almost 7 years ago

dymnyno

I made a roasted chicken last night that was slathered in Greek yogurt and cardamom. I left quite a bit of yogurt on the bird, but not enough that it was dripping off. I roasted it at 350 degrees and it browned nicely.

Niknud
Niknud

Rachael is a trusted home cook.

The key here is if you're grilling, the yogurt can catch on fire (spoken from alarmed experience...twice). I would leave a nice coating on, but you don't want it so thick that it's going to burn down your house if a little catches on fire. That being said, love the greek yogurt marinade! Good luck!