Birthday gift for my brother - Thinking Eleven Madison Park: The Cookbook.

I typically get my brother cookbooks for his birthday and I am trying to decide which ones to get him (besides the Food52 book, of course). He likes cookbooks with great pictures and narratives so I was thinking this one but I haven't actually seen it. Wondering if anyone has any thoughts on it or any other great recommenation for new cookbooks?

• Posted by: melissav
  • November 18, 2011

a Whole Foods Market Customer

Great choice. A lot of sous vide and precise technique. Reminds me of the French Laundry cookbook in many ways.

DP
DP November 18, 2011

That is a really beautiful choice. I can also suggest "Jamie Oliver's Food Escapes" which was published last month. It is a collection of his favourite recipes from his travels to Morocco, France, Spain, Italy, Sweden, Greece. Amazing narratives for each dish/country. You may even want to get a copy for yourself!

Summer of Eggplant
Summer of Eggplant November 18, 2011

What a great gift. I know I have Hugh Acheson's A New Turn in the South on my Christmas List.

melissav
melissav November 18, 2011

Thanks all. Also thinking of getting him a subscription to Lucky Peach. Any opinions on that?