🔕 🔔

Birthday gift for my brother - Thinking Eleven Madison Park: The Cookbook.

I typically get my brother cookbooks for his birthday and I am trying to decide which ones to get him (besides the Food52 book, of course). He likes cookbooks with great pictures and narratives so I was thinking this one but I haven't actually seen it. Wondering if anyone has any thoughts on it or any other great recommenation for new cookbooks?

asked by melissav about 6 years ago

Wholefoods user icon

Great choice. A lot of sous vide and precise technique. Reminds me of the French Laundry cookbook in many ways.

B24a4a33 955b 4a58 a21f d4496a87975f  img 20150625 111003
DP

That is a really beautiful choice. I can also suggest "Jamie Oliver's Food Escapes" which was published last month. It is a collection of his favourite recipes from his travels to Morocco, France, Spain, Italy, Sweden, Greece. Amazing narratives for each dish/country. You may even want to get a copy for yourself!

Cd4936f2 2555 42a6 bab6 b78ae625f4ec  img 3538

What a great gift. I know I have Hugh Acheson's A New Turn in the South on my Christmas List.

D22e715c 166f 4578 8ad4 1e169fc809ba  ry 400

Thanks all. Also thinking of getting him a subscription to Lucky Peach. Any opinions on that?