🔕 🔔

What is "bread enhancer" and where can I buy some in the states?

I've found it's also called "bread improver" or "yeast food". In my mind, it's a powder like substance.

asked by Lily,Sheng almost 6 years ago

2f4926e2 248b 4c22 a6f7 8f2d888b8488  3 bizcard

King Arthur flour has bread improvers, here is a link:
http://www.kingarthurflour...

79e832e7 7554 4b74 b9bb edd6540d1515  fullsizeoutput 1ba7

I have found soy lecithin labeled as an "enhancer" for baked goods, though when I used it, I didn't notice any difference. Any recipe I have ever seen that calls for it also makes it optional, so I haven't bothered to look into the issue any further. But besides a specialty baking store, you best bet is to turn to the Internet. Amazon anyone??