🔕 🔔

My Basket ()

All questions

What is "bread enhancer" and where can I buy some in the states?

I've found it's also called "bread improver" or "yeast food". In my mind, it's a powder like substance.

asked by Lily,Sheng over 5 years ago
2 answers 3176 views
2f4926e2 248b 4c22 a6f7 8f2d888b8488  3 bizcard

Suzanne is a trusted source on General Cooking.

added over 5 years ago

King Arthur flour has bread improvers, here is a link:

Eb050f18 51f9 464e a865 882e4fca4e78  img 3244
added over 5 years ago

I have found soy lecithin labeled as an "enhancer" for baked goods, though when I used it, I didn't notice any difference. Any recipe I have ever seen that calls for it also makes it optional, so I haven't bothered to look into the issue any further. But besides a specialty baking store, you best bet is to turn to the Internet. Amazon anyone??

Let's Keep in Touch!

Get the recipes and features that have us talking, plus first dibs on events and limited-batch products.

(Oh, and $10 off your order of $50 or more in the Food52 Shop, too.)

Please enter a valid email address.