Presale! 2 new cookbooks from Food52. Claim your signed copies »
🔕 🔔

How can I prepare a delish and refreshing cranberry relish that's all natural and Sugar free

No bake recipe

asked by Sarina,Appel about 5 years ago
39c04017 7e7e 43b2 9344 e529de61a1bd  kandm
Kristy Mucci

Kristy is an expert at making things pretty and a former Associate Editor of Food52.

Wre you looking to replace cane sugar? You can use maple syrup, honey, or agave nectar instead of plain sugar. This is a great recipe. I'd just be careful with whatever alternative sweetener you use -- start with a little and taste along the way.

Kristy Mucci

Forgot to include the recipe! Sorry! Here you go: http://www.food52.com/recipes...

I posted a recipe last week for a cranberry compote sweetened only by figs, molasses and a touch of port: http://www.food52.com/recipes... . It needs a few days for the flavors to come together and the sweetness to come forward. But it contains no granulated white or brown sugar at all. ;o)

Oh, sorry! Your tag suggests you want one that's not cooked. The recipe I just referred to is cooked. It helps to bring out the sugar in the apple and figs to cook them a bit. Plus, it's always better to burn off the alcohol in the red wine; otherwise, the dish will taste somewhat bitter. ;o)

Join Our Email List!

Inbox Inspiration:

Our newsletter is brimming with recipes and features that have us talking—dive in!

A Joyful Home:

Sign up to get $10 off a first purchase of $50 or more in our shop full of tools & treasures.

Come On In:

Join our humming community and get dibs on events, peeks at new cookbooks, and a surprise or two.